|December 2, 2013|
Ultrathin Primary Lithium Batteries from PowerStream
0.5 mm to 7mm thick, 16mAH to 3000mAH
rechargeable ultrathin cells click
Cells as thin as 500 microns
Thin Cell( Spare CR batteries packed with soft foil).
These are safe, thin
and lightweight primary (not
rechargeable) lithium manganese dioxide
batteries. These thin film batteries
use is the same chemistry as the CR
series coin cells, but in a polymer
foil package, similar to that used for
lithium polymer batteries. These
ultra-thin cells (Aluminum foil packed
Li/MnO2 batteries) have a voltage of
3.0V and capacity ranges from 400mAh to
Widely applied to: Nonstop charging systems, Intelligent parking lot, container identification, vehicle toll check, personnel identification, automated railcar identification management , Automated road charge management, Automated voyage passenger luggage identification transport management, vehicle entry and exit control, Campus all-purpose card, public transportation card, Driver's license card, Health (medial treatment or history) card , animal and livestock identification, automated management of logistic& storage, automobile remote control lock, smart door locks.
Features: Besides the traditional advantage of Lithium manganese batteries, the thin cells have the following advantages:
(1) Good safety: Using soft aluminium foil packaging eliminates the possibility of explosion, and greatly reduces the probability of fire.
(2) Small volume: Comparing the same capacity, the volume would be smaller 15% than the batteries with metal shell such as coin cells and cylindrical cells due to the foil packaging used in the thin cells.
(3) Light weight: the weight is lighter 40% than cells with metal shells of the same capacity.
(4) High capacity: Comparing volume, the capacity is higher 10% than batteries with metal shells.
(5) Higher discharge current and discharge level: the battery is vacuum packed, so atmospheric pressure forces the anode and cathode foils together. 3C discharge rate is possible for specially designed cells.
(6) Wide range of temperatures: can be used under -40~75 °C (-40 to 167 °F).
(7) Low self-discharge: The rate of self-discharge per year is smaller than 2%.
(8) Flexibility in shape & size: this technology allows custom cells to be made with low-cost tooling.