PowerStream Power supplies, battery chargers, batteries and packs, dc/dc converters, injection molding    View Shopping Cart
July 19, 2018

12 Volt 4.5 Amp Hour Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries designed as a lithium replacement for SLA Batteries

Lithium replacement for SLA and Gel batteries from PowerStream with high capacity and high power
More lithium replacements for SLA batteries
12 Volt 50 Amp hour lithium iron phosphate battery 19 lbs
12V 50AH lithium iron phosphate pack 19 lbs
12V 4.5AH Lithium Iron Phosphate lead acid replacement

4.5 AH battery which can source up to 22 amps. Suitable lanterns, security systems, bicycle lights

These li-ion cells and batteries not only have high capacity, but can deliver high power. High-power lithium iron phosphate batteries are now a reality. They can be used as storage cells or power sources.

LiFeP batteries are among the longest lived batteries ever developed. Test data in the laboratory show up to 2000 charge/discharge cycles. Our cells typically have more than 1000 cycles in service.

These batteries are excellent for use in seasonal equipment because they do not need maintenance during the off-season. There is no equivalent to sulfation and the batteries can be stored in any state of charge without worry of degradation. We recommend 50-100% charge before storage. Another advantage is that running the battery completely down (i.e. leaving the lantern on for a week) will not damage the battery at all, unlike the SLA and Gel batteries.

NOTE: these can be connected in parallel to give more amp-hour capacity, but they cannot be connected in series to give higher voltage.
12V 4.5AH Lithium Iron Phosphate lead acid replacementLFP128045
or LPF1245
Not available in small quantities for now, sorry
12V 1.3A lithium iron phosphate battery chargers
12V, 1.3A Wall mount lithium iron phosphate battery charger.
Will charge the LFP128045 in about 3.6 hours
LiFePO4 battery charger, 12V 3.2 Amps
12V 3.2A Desktop lithium iron phosphate battery charger.
Will charge the LFP128045 in less than 2 hours.

Advantages and Benefits:

  • Longer battery life - will last 5x longer than an equivalent SLA or VRLA battery
  • Lightweight - 30% of the weight of an SLA 12V 4.5AH lead acid battery
  • Wide temperature performance
  • Can be safely charged with a lead acid battery charging system
  • Low self-discharge
  • Maintains higher voltage during discharge than lead acid
  • Can store at any state of charge without degradation
  • Safer than traditional lithium ion batteries, hermetically sealed
  • Built in over charge and over discharge protection
  • Built in over current protection
  • Product Type: Replacement for 12V 4.5Ah Lead Acid Battery
  • No memory effect
  • Built in short circuit protection
  • Applications: Perfect for 12VDC power, medical equipment, LED light power supply, solar power.
Item # LFP128045    

Battery Type:

Lithium-Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4)     
Capacity: 4.5Ah    

Nominal Voltage:

Voltage range during discharge 14.6V to 10V    
Weight: 660 grams 1.45 lbs SLA is typically 4.8lbs
Dimension (L x W x H) 89 x 69 x 106 mm 3.5 x 2.71 x 4.17 inches 3½ x 3¾ x 4 3/16 inches
Cycle Life 1200+ discharge cycles to 20% remaining charge >800 full discharge cycles with 80% recoverable capcity  
Charge Method CC/CV to 14.6V Will work with modern lead acid chargers including automotive charging systems  
Maximum charge current 4.5 Amps    
Normal charge current 0.9 Amps Lower charge currents are OK  
Maximum Pulse Discharge Current 22 Amps 30 seconds max  
Maximum continuous discharge current 9 Amps    
Nominal continuous discharge current 5 Amps    
Mounting position Can be mounted on any side, or upside-down    
Charging Temperature Charging 0°C to 60°C  
Discharge Temperature Discharging -10°C to 60°C  
Storage Temperature 0°C to 25°C 1 year  
  -5°C to 35°C 3 months  


30-Day Money Back Guarantee. Full One Year Warranty.    

This LiFePO4 battery will replace the following sealed lead acid batteries  

Universal Power Input OEM Power Supplies and OEM Battery Chargers Much safer than any other lithium ion technology

[Home] [PowerStream] [Site Map]
[Tech Resources]
[Policy and Privacy] [Contact Us]

Thank you for considering PowerStream

Friday, 30-Sep-2022 19:04:44 EDT
  • Large lithium iron phosphate rechargeable battery
  • large lithium ion batteries
  • large lithium batteries
  • large lithium ion battery packs
  • Lead acid replacement high power lithium battery
  • high discharge lithium iron cells
  • big lithium iron phosphate rechargeable batteries

PowerStream Technology
1163 South 1680 West
Orem, Utah 84058

Phone: 801-764-9060
Fax: 801-764-9061

© Copyright 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008,2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
Lund Instrument Engineering, Inc. All rights reserved.

Google Author Verification